Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rumble in the kitchen ?

They should have named George  Foreman's grill  "the awesome sandwich maker".

Juli went into the city yesterday and on her way back today there was a fire (as is customary around here whenever you are attempting to travel). After speaking with the frustrated and hungry young lady, I determined she may be in need of some sandwich therapy upon her arrival here at the pit. My stomach informed me that I could also use a treatment, so I whipped these up:

Bread
Tomato
Fresh ground pepper
Basil
Red onion
Mozzarella medallions
Mustard or pesto
*Oil

Spread one side of the bread with mustard or pesto; lay sliced tomato down; season with pepper and basil. Red onion is next, followed by the mozzarella, and then bread (I don't know why I wrote all that, anybody reading this should be able to figure out how to assemble a sandwich)! Brush oil on both sides of bread and apply to awesome sandwich maker. Grill until golden brown and gooey. Juli likes hers with ketchup, I prefer pickled jalepeno. Enjoy !






*extra virgin olive, duh.

p.s. Tri-tip is on the grill! Update to follow post consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment